coloradobikemaps

Maps + routes for the Colorado cyclist

Major Metro Trails

70133_01-Map Front-V3

I am happy to announce the publication of my new bicycle map for the Denver Metro Region. With more than 600 miles of trails, 40 distinct trail systems, it’s color-coded so you can see if you’ll be on a paved surface (red), a dirt trail (brown) or a bike-friendly surface street (blue) to link different trail systems up. The front side is the metro region (Superior to Parker, Commerce City to Chatfield Reservoir) and the reverse side has 6 detailed maps of places you’ll want to ride, including the four main reservoirs (Chatfield, Cherry Creek, Aurora, and Bear Creek), the south end of the Cherry Creek Trail, and Horseshoe Park in Aurora. Waterproof and tear proof. Get ’em while they’re (and it’s still) hot, $12.95. Find it at Tattered Cover (all three stores), Evo-Edgeworks, Turin Bikes, Big Ring Cycles, and the Golden Bike Shop. The QR code on the map links you to a digital version you can use with your smartphone and the map app from Anveza Maps, $5.99. Happy Trails to all.

August 23, 2016 - Posted by | Denver Metro, Uncategorized | , , , , , ,

7 Comments »

1. I can’t find this map on Anveza and don’t want to go to the listed to bike stores – is available mail-order?

Comment by Buzz | January 6, 2019 | Reply

• I don’t know what part of town you’re in, but I can mail a copy to you if you’re still interested. I’m in the Wheat Ridge area if that helps at all. Sorry for the delay in responding.

Comment by Jay Kenney | December 26, 2019 | Reply

• !! Thanks for Reply. 1290 Chambers Dr, Boulder, 80305.
        BTW, Chatfield Res is done and really good; bypass the ranch closure on the Highline on a designated trail, then close the loop to the Platte River Trail through southern end of Chatfield on a double track.

Comment by Buzz | December 26, 2019

2. Are any of these still available, or will there be an update any any point? I bought the Anveza map, and that is probably good enough, but a hardcopy could be useful as well. Thanks.

Comment by Mike C | May 18, 2020 | Reply

• Available at Big Ring in Golden or directly from me; JayATcoloradobikemaps.com

Comment by Jay Kenney | September 16, 2020 | Reply

3. Are there any more of these? Feel free to direct me to a source. I bought the Anveza map, which should be useful, but a couple of hardcopies to leave in my cars would also be helpful. Thanks.

Comment by AtWiTcA (@atwitca) | May 18, 2020 | Reply

• Sorry to be slow getting back to you on this–I haven’t monitored regularly for a couple years–but yes, actual maps are available. For purchase in Golden at Big Ring Cycles if you live near there, or send an email to me at kenney.jay@gmail.com and I’ll set it up through PayPal.

Comment by Jay Kenney | August 26, 2020 | Reply